1. Noise-Canceling Headphones: You are going to be so glad you brought these when the baby across the aisle starts wailing or if you’ve been assigned the seat next to the guy that wants to make conversation the whole flight. My go-to pair of noise-canceling headphones are my Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones but I also love my pair of the BÖHM Wireless B66 Bluetooth Headphones which are more affordable at $85.
2. Amazing Playlist or Favorite Podcast: Before you head to the airport make sure that you have a playlist of your favorite songs. Listening to songs that put you in a good mood can drastically improve your experience on a long flight. If you have a favorite podcast, then download it so you can listen to it when you get bored of listening to music.
3. Good Books and Guide Books: Before a long flight it’s always a good idea to pick up a book you’ve been dying to read along with a book or two about the destination you’re headed to. If you don’t have any books you’ve been dying to read, I 100% recommend Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar or Carrie Fisher’s Postcards from the Edge.
4. Eye-Mask: Great for catching some zzz’s, even if your neighbor has their reading light on. The eye-masks that airlines provide are normally pretty cheap, always slip off your face and are uncomfortable. I always use my Bucky Contoured Eye-Mask, it has cups over your eyes, so it’s super comfortable and doesn’t mess up your makeup or eyelash extensions plus its only 10 bucks.
5. Comfy Socks: During your flight, you’re going to eventually want to take off your shoes. Comfy warm socks are perfect for sleeping on a cold plane.
6. Leggings/Sweatpants: The airport is the worst place for dressing up; it makes going through security difficult and your flight uncomfortable. Even if you are flying to a warm destination, You might consider wearing leggings/sweats to the airport because it’ll probably be cold on the plane. My favorite pairs of leggings are my Lululemon Wunder Under Leggings and my Under Armour HeatGear Leggings (these are lifesavers if you’re headed somewhere cold).
7. Sweater or pullover: A nice comfy sweater or pull-over will help you stay warm and feel super comfortable the whole flight.
8. Travel Snacks: Granola bars, pretzels, salted nuts, and fruit are all healthy snacks allowed through airport security (unopened, in their packaging). If you have dietary restrictions, this is super important because your airline may have very limited if any meal/snack options for you.
9. Empty Water Bottle: Staying hydrated can help prevent jet lag. You’re allowed to take an empty water bottle through security, and then you can fill it up at a water fountain. Plus it saves you cash since you don’t have to buy an expensive water at one of the airport shops.
Hope this helps you pack for your next trip, xoxo Tyler.